Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tony Tanti Parkhurst Champions Auto

When I went after the Alex auto, I thought that I could try and see if I could "bundle" myself a couple more autos since the prices were very decent and the seller did combined shipping. After looking at what they had for sale, I found two other autos and came to a very good and agreeable price. Here is auto two.

Tony Tanti. I remember him from my childhood days, he was the man before Linden became the man. Tony was a junior superstar who scored 150 points in junior at the age of 17. Then the NHL came calling in 1981 and Tony was a first round draft pick who turned a nice 45 goal season during his FULL season. In Tony's first 6 seasons he had 5 seasons with 39+ goals and a career high 86 points during the 83-84 season. However, as fast as his career started, he faded from the NHL. By 1992 he was out of the NHL and playing in Germany. However, that doesn't detract from the fact that he put a really solid 9 seasons in the NHL and I will always remember him as a pretty darn good goal scorer.

A very interesting auto, I am not sure what it says or looks like, but I do see one or two t's and the number 9. Tony was one of those guys I wanted to write and try and see if he would sign, but now that I have this I will likely move him to the bottom of my to-do list.


4 comments:

  1. Really love both of these last two Parkhurst Champions autos. These and the '06 Parkhurst autos are some of my favorite hockey autos out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I think you might like my third card in that series too.

    Certainly makes me want to try and track some more down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be willing to trade or sell the Toni Tanti Autographed card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If interested please contact me at ericlang1076@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete