Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Holiday Hits 4

The last of the holiday hits is one I bought for myself. Like many people I don’t mind getting myself a little treat over the holidays and I decided to go with a hobby gift this year. I normally don’t buy ANY cards except for hockey. However, I do have one love that almost matches my love for hockey and that is Audrey Hepburn. I found a card like this online one day and have been debating if I should try and get one on ebay. A few weeks ago, I found an auction that had her name misspelled so I decide to throw a max bid of 15 bucks and see if I could win it. Sure enough, for 15 dollars I had Audrey delivered to me. Some might think I over payed and I may have, but when it comes to love it is hard to put a price on that! I like the swatch, it is a fabric that I wouldn’t doubt was worn by her and the style is very neat. The photo is also very nice of her which must makes this card that much more attractive. On the backside there is a little write up about Audrey and the card is numbered 305/400. However, much like the ad, there is a spelling mistake on the back by Donruss citing her work with “UNISEF”.

What do you people think of these Hollywood swatch cards? Does anyone have any collections that extend beyond the sports world?




2 comments:

  1. I think they are a cool collectible. I remember when Topps came out with their American Pie product years ago and I really wanted the Sinatra card that had a piece of his suit. The Hepburn card is cool and if I were to go that route, I'd definitely pick one up.

    My one wish with these products is that they'd include more on-card autographs. Panini/Donruss put out a ton of celeb signature cards but they are always stickers. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinatra would be a really cool collect. I don't know if it exists but a Clint Eastwood mem card would be really neat too!

    ReplyDelete