Thursday, January 23, 2014

And the wait is over, my replacement card is..

So my first experience with Upper Deck and redemption replacement was.......as success. Upper Deck informed me that they were not making my 12-13 UD Artifacts Dino Ciccarelli Auto Black /5 and I would need to contact them for a replacement. I gave them my list and true to their word they found a reasonable replacement.

First part that was cool is it is from the same set, same numbering. Secondly, they gave me a HOF'er in place of a HOF'er. Lastly, they gave me a player from my team of choice (Edmonton Oilers). So in the end, what more could I ask? Here it is:


12-13 UD Artifacts Paul Coffey Auto Black /5
Here is Paul as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The card is pretty awesome, the auto is really the only weak point of the card but then again Paul is more of a scribbler than a scriber so it is pretty much on par with most of his autos. In all, it is an awesome card and a cool addition to the collection. I am not 100% sure what I will do with this in the long-term. It does fit my HOF/Mem/Auto project though I already have his rookie and his game-used card. I know I can pick up a certified auto of Paul's for much less than this card would be worth so I need to decide, do I keep it? Trade it? or Sell it?

Thanks for a great replacement Upper Deck!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card. I have one auto of Coffey, as a Penguin no less, which I got as a replacement from Panini. In that case, Coffey replaced Troy Aikman, but it was an NFL HOFer for an NHL HOFer.

    I like Ciccarelli, too, but you can't go wrong with Coffey as a Penguin. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete