Sunday, April 26, 2015

1964-65 Topps Tall Boys #109 - Pierre Pilote All-Star

The Tall Boy train continues with this one featuring HOF'er Pierre Pilote. Like my recent additions, this has it's characteristics. This one has a little paper loss on the front from being taped but it is crease free and in pretty great condition otherwise. Totally with the 5 bucks I spent on it.

1964-65 Topps Tall Boys #109 - Pierre Pilote All-Star
Very cool design, I like that they had All-Star cards in the set and the stars at the top and bottom are one of my favourite designs about the front.


Unlike the regular base cards, the All-Star cards have no cartoon and are all facts and info. 53 points in 70 games is/was very impressive especially when you consider Stan Mikita lead the league in scoring with 89 points. Pierre was not only a first team all-star but he also won the Norris that year.

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over what a great buy these were. I don't have any of the All-Star cards in my collection, they usually demand a bit more and I don't recall ever seeing one as cheap as $5. Awesome card once again Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my LCS is amazing. They have a few more Tall Boys I will have to go back and try and snag. If I can land a double I will send it your way! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete