Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Top 30 NHL Players of All-Time: #28

The next two picks on my list were really really difficult to rank and I only knew they must be on my list. Many will think they need to be much higher and I probably agree with you. However, at the same time I feel they both may have been victims of just playing in an era with so many superstars.

#28. Steve Yzerman. Steve was a winner both individually and as a leader of a team. 3 Cups, Triple Gold Member and many other medals. He won the Selke, Pearson, Conn Smythe and Masterton showing he can do it all. Over 600 goals and 1700 points also prove his remarkable abilities. 


84-85 OPC Rookie




 How do you place someone so great on a list of other amazingly great players? I had a very difficult time with this. In the end I tried my best to weigh all factors. Offensively Steve was superb including a season I still am in awe (65 G, 90A, 155 PTS). For his career he's among all the elite (top 10 in all three offensive categories). As a leader he was also among the games best and perhaps as good as Messier if you ask me. Defensively, the man was top 5 in Selke voting 5 times and perhaps if underrated in any area it may be in this. He did an excellent job rounding out his game in the second half of his career earning him a spot among the greatest of the great and that's why he's 28th on my list.

So...why isn't he higher? One really surprising fact is Steve only was ever named to the year end AS teams once. I know guys like Wayne and Mario made it difficult for him to get the recognition he deserved but in the end I had to place him here and I hope to prove myself in the coming posts.

Thanks for stopping by, #27 is every bit as good as #28.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, again an All-Star fact I would not have predicted. Great point about the intangibles like leadership, he and Messier both really stand out in that category. Cannot wait to see the top 27!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that he only made 1st/2nd Team All - Star only once. This is probably a good spot for him. He great in durability and was not great in dominance but was very good for a long time. That is a great card and set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I can't stand the Red Wings, I've had a deep appreciation for Yzerman since I started collecting hockey cards in the early 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. Omega 3 Fish Oil Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are in Canada, there are several Canadian websites who offer DMT in multiple forms, and a simple search on google “buy DMT Canada” will yield hundreds of results.
    Before purchasing online though, you should
    (1) be aware of the legalities surrounding the possession and use of DMT
    (2) perform research into the vendor you choose. Reddit is a great place to start, as there are certain subreddits dedicated to reviewing Psychedelic providers. Some vendors even offer test results, but it is always recommended to test any substance that your order online. We recommend Testkitplus for anyone wanting to purchase a testing kit.
    If you want to learn more about DMT, check out our website for a ton of information on its history, pharmacology, effects, dosage, studies, risks, and benefits!

    ReplyDelete