Friday, March 3, 2017

An Improved 11-12 Upper Deck The Cup Adam Henrique Auto Patch Rookie /249

Couple years ago I picked up an Adam Henrique The Cup Rookie which was pretty great. Great in the sense that it was a must have for a PC and I believe most collectors who have a big interest in a specific play will try and land one. A little while after I posted the card I noticed something sad.... finger nail indentations into the top of the card. They were small, but just enough to make me feel disappointed. It's not the first time and in fact I have noticed it several times over the years. I don't know if it is the player who damages it or if its the pack opener but either way the card is now far from mint. Fast forward a couple years and I was able to find a new copy which has no indentations and a slightly better swatch too! Win win!

My old copy is still in my collection and actually I have it displayed in my classroom where it looks fantastic and my new copy is at home in my collection where I enjoy it regularly.

11-12 Upper Deck The Cup Adam Henrique Auto Patch Rookie /249
 Front side is standard issue. Nice on card auto and a two colour patch this time instead of just one white piece.


This time around here is the back side.

This season has been a forgettable one for the Devils. After a great start we have been inconsistent since December and as a club we clearly have a ways to go before we will taste the post season again. I'm hopeful for a good draft pick in a believed to be weak draft class and perhaps we can see some continued growth from the prospects we do have so veterans like Adam Henrique can be rewarded for these lean years.

How about your own collection? Do you have any cards the require an upgrade or have you upgraded some in the past? Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. The Devils are pretty bad this year, but that Rico Cup RC is not at all bad. I dont think I've upgraded any modern cards, but I do occasionally sell my graded or ungraded vintage baseball to fund a higher-grade copy. For example, I've got a 1951 Bowman Bobby Thomson PSA 8 that I bought after selling a PSA 6 Thomson (among other things).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we are in a flux year that's for sure. The shame is we'd play great stretches giving fans hope and follow it up with scoring futility. That's a cool approach, I may try and do something like that in the future with some cool vintage as well.

      Delete