Tuesday, September 20, 2016

11-12 Canada Vs The World or 15-16 ITG/Leaf The Vault Duncan Keith Auto

I've posted a few Vault cards on here and I don't even know what to call them any more. Lets just say it's a Duncan Keith auto and be done with it.

11/12 or 15-16 Canada Vs The World Duncan Keith Auto

Apparently this card has been sitting under a rock or in a vault for the past number of years and ITG/Leaf decided to let it out into the public after branding it with a V. I am more than willing to look past everything and just treat this as a cool card of an amazing defenseman who appears to be in a Team Canada uniform. Duncan Keith is also my son's favourite player and it's my hope to send out a pair of TTM requests to Mr. Keith from each of us seeing if we could potentially get another auto or two to add to this one.

Sadly as Canada is set to play the USA tonight, Duncan Keith is recovering from injury and pulled out of the World Cup which leaves us without a pretty amazing option on the back end. However, we do have depth at all positions which has been evident as we've been playing without Seguin, Benn, Keith and many other snubbed All-Stars. I want to wish Duncan a speedy recovery and I hope this season he is able to get back to the level he wants to play at and has continued success. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy tonight's game and this card! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Vault gimmick aside, you're right - that is quite a spiffy looking card. Of course, I am pretty biased towards the Blackhawks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nothing wrong with that bias. I spent many hours as a kid and a Devils fan playing road hockey in my Hawks jersey pretending I was the Eagle.

      Delete
  2. Really like this one, great Canadian-themed autograph! I'm enjoying the tourney and it's getting me excited for the 2016-17 season here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't too sure how much I'd get into the WCH but I have found myself watching pretty much any game I can. Exhibitions were even pretty cool and fun to watch. If only I didn't have to work and could catch all the games instead of just the late ones.

      Delete