Thursday, September 22, 2016

09-10 SPx Brad Marchand Auto Rookie /799

With the win yesterday, Team Canada is on to the finals and if you told me this time last year Brad Marchand would be on the team I would have had two thoughts. Really? and Good for him! After this past season and the World Championships I would have been disappointed if he had been left off the roster because as much as I'd love to see the best pure offensive players Team Canada has to offer, we still need to work both ends of the ice and kill penalties. So far this tournament Brad Marchand has been excellent and completely deserving of his spot on the team and on the line with Bergereon and Crosby.

09-10 SPx Brad Marchand Auto Rookie /799
09-10 was the last season before Upper Deck would have a joint license with Panini so if you're an Upper Deck fan, there were plenty of options for Marchand rookies. I already had a couple before getting this one, most notably was my Young Gun. I used to have a Marchand auto as well but I traded that away for some HOF autos so I was hopeful that I would eventually land another and this was the one that came my way as a replacement.

Brad definitely has one of the more interesting autos out there with his number 63 the only legible aspect on this particular auto. Other times you can see Brad but his last name in my experience is more difficult to decipher.

As far as Marchand goes, I have been a fan of him to some degree since his junior days. I remember seeing him play for the Mooseheads and I would see him do things on the ice no other players would (with the puck) and of course he is still known for doing this other players wouldn't (without the puck). Seeing him have this success is nice being a Nova Scotian and I wish him the best of luck for the rest of this tournament and the rest of his career. He's truly a player in the mould of Claude Lemieux or Esa Tikkanen and when it comes to building a winning team, sometimes you need one or two of these guys. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Nice auto Dave. His signature certainly looks a lot different here than it does on the one I picked up a couple of years ago now:
    http://shoeboxlegends.blogspot.com/2014/04/signature-sundays-brad-marchand.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're right, everything is more strung together. Neat how an autograph can change so much in just a couple years. Of course he's probably signed several thousand cards in that time and perhaps that way is quicker.

      Love your auto too!

      Delete
  2. That sure is a sharp card. Marchand is the kind of player you love when he plays on your favorite team but not so much when he plays against your team. I don't see how you get his name out of the scribble but at least the 63 is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc! I couldn't agree more, I felt the same way about Claude Lemieux. Loved him as a Devil and hated seeing us play against him after he left.

      Delete