Thursday, June 29, 2017

Rest in Peace Dave Semenko

A part of getting older is you see people you are related to,  know, cheer for or at the very least heard of begin to pass away. 2016 was a crazy year for that in general and it appears 2017 will be one that isn't much different. It was recently announced that Dave Semenko best known for his days with the Oilers has passed away. While he started and left the game before I ever got to see him play, through video and stories including (Wayne Gretzky's Autobiograph) I got a chance to learn a little bit about him. I felt I learned enough and admired his career enough to write him a letter a several years ago. The result was a kind response including this autographed card.



I would like to pass along my condolences to his family and I hope he is at peace now after his battle with cancer.

1 comment:

  1. Semenko was a few years before I became a fan. But I recognize his name from the ITG Enforcers set I'm trying to build. Rest in peace, Mr. Semenko.

    ReplyDelete