Friday, March 29, 2013

96-97 BAP Rhett Warrener Auto - A post for a son

After the birth of my second son, I shared that news online and the common name between him and this hockey player. Sadly, my collection didn't actually contain the card I shared so I went out and fixed that.

Here is the silver version of the 96-97 BAP Auto of Rhett Warrener

Very simple and sharp auto of a guy who was never afraid to get dirty and played some very good and sound defensive hockey. 714 career games that had seen 24 goals, 106 points and 899 penalty minutes. What is neat about his career is he played on three Cinderella run teams (Florida, Buffalo and Calgary) but never tasted Stanley Cup victory.

I now proudly own an auto that will remind me of my second son, now I just need an auto of Dan Quinn who is the player that I think of when I hear my son Quinn's name.

1 comment:

  1. Thats pretty cool man Rhett Warner was a pretty solid player. As a Panthers fan I always here stories about that cinderella run back in 96, special times for hockey in South Fla. Love the Blog btw even though I'm more of a basketball love my hockey Check out my blog and follow if you like http://truschoolsports.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete