Sunday, May 1, 2011

Matt Halischuk

Last night with the game on his stick, Matt Halischuk buried a beautiful goal, glove side on Luongo. I would say without a doubt this was the biggest goal he has ever scored in the NHL and maybe the biggest goal in Preds history (to this point). However, I don't think it was biggest goal of his life, as some of you may remember, Halischuk had an even more important goal when he scored a golden goal at the WJHC.


From the moment he was drafted by the Devils I followed his career and what I have seen has been an excellent player with a lot of potential.
- During his first pro season in the AHL he had a 4 goal, 5 point game.
- He has scored some very timely goals such as the OT winner last night against the Canucks and the game winning goal for the 2008 WJHC.
- Unfortunately he was shipped from NJ to Nashville for Jason Arnott. Even though he is no longer with NJ, I still cheer for him to do well and I think he has the potential to be a good second line winger who can score some big goals!

I bought his The Cup RC off ebay for about 7 bucks






Around the same time I picked up his SPx rc for 5 bucks including shipping.


Do any of you have players who left your favourite team but you still cheer for and follow? Bill Guerin was another player who I admired and followed up until his retirement in Pittsburgh.






No comments:

Post a Comment