Friday, May 27, 2011

Ebay Deal - "authentic one of a kind Wayne Gretzky rookie card"

When I saw this on ebay today, I just couldn't resist posting about it!


There are SOOOO many things wrong with this ad that I can only call shenanigans. I can't imagine there is anyone on the planet that would believe this ad. If there is someone, I hope they don't pay this clown $50 000 for a card that has 4 corners cut and is really worthless. Even if the card was in NrMt condition it is likely only worth 20 bucks.

Most collectors know this card is from the 80-81 OPC Set and secondly it is a team leader card and not even the base version of Gretzky. Should this card sell, I might be tempted to cut the corners off my swapmeet Wayne and call it an "authentic one of a kind Wayne Gretzky rookie card".

No comments:

Post a Comment