Tuesday, June 10, 2014

08-09 UD Masterpieces Steve Shutt auto

Here is the second of a few consecutive posts on deals I have made with Casey from The House of Oglethorpe. This one is featuring an amazing autograph of Hall of Fame player Steve Shutt. While I don't have his rookie card yet, I know I need his auto for my Hall of Fame PC so this card is an excellent addition to the collection.

08-09 UD Masterpieces Steve Shutt auto
Great autograph and an even nicer photo. I love the helmetless look from the old days and the framed canvas look gives the card a much cooler (almost museum) look. The signature is just fantastic and in some ways I wish more players had beautiful penmanship like Steve. While Steve didn't have the longest NHL career, he did win 5 Stanley Cups and had 30+ goals in 9 of his 13 NHL seasons. Included in those seasons was one where he set the NHL record for most goals by a LW (60 goals). That record eventually was topped by the NHL all-time leading scorer at LW, Luc Robitaille who had 63 in 1993. Alex Ovechkin bettered that record by two in 2008.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beauty, love those Masterpieces autos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shane, they are spectacular. Hard for me to pick between your Panini Classic Signatures and these ones!

    ReplyDelete