Thursday, November 14, 2013

A pair of Brett's for the price of a pack of Prizm!

Brett overload I know, but I do really like the kid and his cardboard is often found at real nice prices! I landed two great autos one from my favourite set 11-12 Certified and another from a set I don't typically collect but it was attached to the auction for the Certified so I went for it.

11-12 Certified Brett Connolly Rookie /499

This was the card I went after. I absolutely love the 11-12 Certified Rookies and when you combine that with my boy Brett, this is a must have for myself. I am not a huge fan of the white only swatch, but the autograph is awesome. The Certified set was very early to market in the 11-12 season and clearly Brett signed his stickers during the transition from junior to pro and his signature definitely reflects what he was signing in junior and even has his number 8 from Prince George on it.

When you compare his auto from the beginning of the season to the one at the end of the season you can see he shortening his last name up significantly

 11-12 Panini Contenders Brett Connolly Rookie /800

Here is a Brett rookie auto from later in the season and you can see when he started signing serious numbers of cards he shortened things up to basically a B, C and Y and there are no numbers with his auto here.

The latter appears to be the way he is signing now which is all good in my books but what I do like about the second card is it is ON card and I love the first one because the auto was done clearly before he was assigned 14 in the NHL and you see his old auto style.

Two fun cards for the collection and 7 dollars was all it set me back. Not too bad, I promise no Brett in my next post so if you are tired of them, don't worry! If you are loving them, I am working on another one or two...stay posted.

4 comments:

  1. You already have this one?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111214151398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

    I just took a stab at it because it was only .99 cents and because it came up randomly in a search right after I read this post. Let me know if you need it and I'll put it with the Esposito for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shane, I don't have that and missed that auction all together! Nice to have fellow bloggers looking out for you. I will certainly return the favour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I will put it with the Esposito you commented about from my blog when it comes in, and will see if I can find some other stuff as well to make the postage to Canada worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing.....are you doing the 13-14 UD Set? I have loads of extras to help you with if you are too.

      Delete