Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bobby Clarke OPC Rookie

It isn't too often when I walk into a card shop and see a pair of Bobby Clarke rookies in the store. My awesome LCS guys had one up on eBay and one in the showcase. The one in the showcase is the one I ended up buying. Both were in rough shape, but something about this one made it worth the price and I had to snap it up. They had a price of 12 bucks on it, but it got lumped in with a bunch of others and they gave me a great lot deal. In the end it was less than 10 bucks.

70-71 OPC Bobby Clarke Rookie
No creases believe it or now and the corners aren't bad. Obviously there is some tape action on the front a little paper loss.


On the front you can see the tape hang past the bottom of the card and that is because it took a little paper off the back of the card.

Another case of me getting a classic rookie card, in tough condition. Still, this suites my needs and I am content with one in this condition. I may down the line upgrade or just chase the Topps set. It has certainly been a fun summer of card finds, and I still have a few more to share!

2 comments:

  1. Great price on a classic RC... Well worth the $10 even concidering the condition. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card always fascinated me because it was the first time I ever saw Clarke with teeth. They were probably a bridge even then, but it just seemed so odd.

    ReplyDelete