Tuesday, June 18, 2013

1910 T79 Fez Military Series Tobacco Card - Zouave (Dedicated to Hackenbush)

I can honestly say I have many to thank for my expanding passion for cardboard and Hackenbush from Can't Have Too Many Cards is one in particular who exposed me to some pretty cool tobacco cards.   When I bought my Houtteman a while back there were a couple other gems that came with it as 99 cent purchases. This is one of the cards in that lot I put together.

What first struck me as awesome about this card are the colours. Despite the crease, this card is absolutely stunning. The details on the Zouave is just eye catching, from the backpack to the rifle what isn't there to like.

As for the back, there is a pretty cool advertisement for Fez Cork Tip Cigarettes. Doesn't that make you want to take up smoking? No, me neither but still cool anyway. Despite my love for this card and set, I don't think I will buy any more and the only real reason is that there are just too many hockey cards out there and so little cash. However, I do like and treasure this one and I am glad to have it.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I also enjoy Can't Have Too Many Cards, Hackenbush is a great guy and frequent commenter on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete