Monday, December 6, 2010

TTM's

Well I have decided that I am going to give a few of these a try and see if I have any success. I have only ever tried once and it was back in 1994. I send a fan letter to Bill Guerin while he was with NJ and within two months I received my signed card back. At the time I didn't have any US stamps (as they are hard to come by back then because there was no online shopping) so I mailed a US dollar along with it for return postage. I was quite happy to receive the card back and unfortunately there was no written response other than the card but I was just as happy to have the card regardless.


I mailed my first one out on Sunday and it was sent to Stephane Richer. I sent him a fan letter along with three cards. I had a difficult time trying to settle on two, so I sent three hoping for the best. One was his RC and the other two were his 90-91 Score card and his 91-92 Parkhurst (he is in a Devils jersey by then). I will keep you posted on my successes and failures.



I will save the photo of the Guerin auto for my next post as it seems Billy has decided to call it a career today.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you've seen my Autograph Site....

    http://hockeyautographs.blogspot.com/

    Good luck with the TTMs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well funny you mention that Sal because I did discover you have a few different pages about two weeks ago and I took some of your TTM advice. I would likely have typed my letter (not form style) but I agree there is more sincerity in a handwritten letter so the ones I have sent out so far are all done that way. In fact Ron MacLean and Don Cherry are being sent out today!

    ReplyDelete