Friday, May 30, 2014

Trade with Brett from My Hockey Card Obsession

Sometimes to make progress forwards, you need to take a step back. A while ago, Brett from My Hockey Card Obsession showed off some pretty good trade bait and I was hooked like a fish! While I didn't have any cool Lindens to offer, I knew I had some HOF autos I could give up. Given his prolific rate of accumulating HOF autos the task was a little harder than first thought but I had an ace in the hole and it was enough to make a deal. While I gave up my  only Steve Yzerman auto, I did land another HOF auto and some other cool stuff. My plan for Mr. Yzerman is to try and land a less valuable ITG auto and one hopefully with a game used piece with it to make my HOF trifecta. In the meantime, here is what Steve brought home for me!
   
06-07 Parkhurst Marcel Pronovost Auto
 A hall of fame auto is exactly what I was hoping for and this one is of stay at home defenseman Marcel Pronovost. Not a household name in my house but he does have a pretty rich hockey history and players like him were the backbones of a few Stanley Cups. Marcel won 5 during his 20 year career.

11/12 ITG Ultimate Memorabilia 11th Edition 600th Goal Gartner/Terreri
 These NEVER scan well and I am too lazy to use my camera. This is a gem in person and I now have a Gartner Auto, Rookie and Stick which is pretty great in my books. I also have my first game used Chris Terreri which is equally cool to me and I am guessing there won't be many more featuring old Chris so I was glad to get this one. My only gripe is I was secretly wishing it was the Jersey and Stick from the 600th goal....but I suspect that stick is safe somewhere else.

13/14 Dominion Patch/Auto Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
After landing his auto via TTM, I was still wanting an authentic Nuge auto and one with his current number 93. So this was the card that got me fired up to make a trade and is the centerpiece of the transaction. While I have had custom cards made by Brett before, this is actually our first of what I am hoping will be many trades. Thanks for everything Brett and take care until the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Wow some nice cards there, those Parkhurst autos have always been favorites of mine. Nice trade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have been very tempted to buy a box and see how well I would do. There are some pretty crazy SP's in the set too which could make it a serious pay day.

      Delete