Monday, March 17, 2014

13-14 Select Max Reinhart Auto Rookie /399

So far my set of the year is the 13-14 Select set. As far as content and value goes you can land these babies for very fair prices and they look awesome in person. Autograph, limited production and shiny what isn't there to love about these. In 2010 and 2011 I was in love with Certified so when I heard Panini wasn't issuing a Certified set this year I was pretty disappointed but when I saw the Select cards I felt that they were every bit as cool. This is the last of the ones I added to my collection to go with my Box Break, my Yakupov and my MacKinnon.

13-14 Select Max Reinhart Auto Rookie /399
Here is the front, much like all the others. Sticker auto, chromium stock and thick. These cards definitely remind me a bit of the OPC Metal cards from 08-09. Max is the oldest of the 3 hockey playing sons of Paul Reinhart. Griffin and Sam are the other two who most recently represented Canada at the WJHC. 


Here is the back side of the card, 11 game last year and 3 points to show for it. Not the greatest start but Max is one of those guys who just gets better and better thanks to his hard work. This year he has been playing very well in the AHL with 17 goals and 46 points in 53 games which is good enough for the team lead at the moment. I think if the Flames are patient and take their time with Max he could be as good as Paul Stastny over time. In the meantime, I do enjoy having this one in my collection and I think as he progresses it will be a fun to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment