Friday, January 18, 2019

Hi Everybody! It isn't Dr. Nick...

Hey all, still not dead but somedays it probably felt like it. Truth is I am still around, I have been tweeting a bit lately and a bit during the summer and early fall. One of the reasons is it is just so easy to post and interact and it can be done anywhere. However, I am dedicated to start posting here, especially after a few years of limited posting and content. One project I do have on the go for all those who are into Twitter or Pro Set please check me out @ProSetCards.

I can't leave you hanging on here without posting something so here is a gem I found on COMC ages ago.


90-91 Upper Deck Sergei Fedorov Young Gun French
Once upon a time I remember when I was a kid and we had satellite tv there used to be these QVC-style sports card auction site/sales site. Usually it was just sales and my step-dad and I would watch it for hours. The guy pretty much always said (Neear-mint to Miiint). The grainy standard def broadcast of the early 90's wouldn't betray his analysis either. On this channel I saw Brett Hull OPC rookies selling for 150 dollars and this about card was pushing close to 100 dollars on some evenings. I paid $1.58. Money very well spent because I remember laying on the floor wishing I had that card because I thought someday it will be worth some serious money. Well turns out it isn't but the memories are priceless and that is the true value! Anyway, I hope this post finds you all well and I promise to be back in a day or two! Cheers.

9 comments:

  1. Sweet! Great to hear from you Dave. This is one of the more memorable cards from my first stint at collecting as a kid back then as well. Solid pick-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane, I have missed being on here but have been following along the blogs of a few of you who I have been fortunate enough to know better than some. That includes AL and Fuji who coincidentally have also commented. lol

      Delete
  2. great pick=up--just checked your twitter account--now have to catch up on your ProSet commentary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al! I hope all is well your way and you're still enjoying the hobby!

      Delete
  3. Love this card! I've actually been actively looking for graded copies of both of the cards mentioned in this post. Grabbed the Hull a few days ago. Still looking for this Federov.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice job Fuji! I have been meaning to get my Hull graded because I think it could fetch a 9 or 9.5. Good luck with your quest and if I see a decent priced one in my travels I will send you a message.

      Delete
  4. For anybody out there, the @ProSetCards handle has been a fun follow so far; it takes me back to my college days when I had no problems burning 99 cents a pack on Pro Set.

    Welcome back Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robert! I have enjoyed it more than I even imagined and interacting with new people who enjoyed that set has been very rewarding.

      Delete
  5. Hey Dave,

    I think IG might be well suited for what you're doing on twitter! IG is pretty good for photos... like hockey cards! Glad to see you're back tho!

    ReplyDelete