Monday, January 25, 2016

09-10 OPC Premier John Taveres Auto RC /299

John Tavares has been a class act in my opinion from the moment the spotlight was thrown on him as a 15 year old. He ripped apart the junior ranks setting national records and even beat a Gretzky record in the process for goals by a 16 year old. However, this past season has been a tough one for him and with all the attention Crosby has received few have noticed that John hasn't been filling the net much this year after just missing out on an Art Ross trophy last year.

Currently he's on pace for 60 points which would represent his lowest point output for a full season since his rookie year. John does have 4 points in his last 4 games and 10 in his last 12 so he could be gearing up for a strong second half. I personally hope that this is true.

I am fortunate enough to already have a rookie or two of John's and his auto but one card I always really wanted was his OPC Premier rookie (even more so than his young gun). Not sure what the draw is exactly, but I do love the design from that season for OPC Premier, and having a relatively low print run with swatches and signatures is always a nice plus in my books.


09-10 OPC Premier John Taveres Auto RC /299
This is a pretty solid specimen. Gold signature, all Islanders colours are represented with a couple two colour pieces and its numbered 232/299. I think it's pretty funny how I am drawn to certain cards more than others especially when I am sure there are many more valuable and desirable ones out there. However for me, I would gladly take this card over his SPx rookie etc any day!

Thanks for stopping by, next post is going to be a sets of yesteryear as its been a while since I have done one of those. 

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I think this is one of my favorites out of everything you've posted the past couple of months. I can see why you like this design, very sleek and the gold autograph is the icing on the cake. Despite what his numbers have looked like to this point in the season, I still think Tavares is potentially a top 10 offensive player in the entire league. Great pick-up!

    BTW, I'm embarrassed to say I FINALLY got around to posting a thank you on my blog today for the FANTASTIC last package that you sent me. I'm still drooling over that Marchand Jambalaya insert, unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is one sharp card. It has been a tough year for JT finding the back of the net. Islanders looking decent so far this year though.

    ReplyDelete