Thursday, March 5, 2015

13-14 Select Ondrej Palat Auto Rookie /399

Here is a riddle I am sure many of you have heard:

This thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats mountain down.





So what is the answer? Well it is the one thing I seem to seriously lack these days despite how much I try and that is time. So many cool things to share and show and so little time. I really wanted to share my International Experiment I did but I missed three cards from the scan so I need to find time to do that later and share it in my next post. In the meantime, I didn't screw this one up so here it is:

 13-14 Select Ondrej Palat Auto Rookie /399
Yep, more Select! One thing that Tampa has a surplus of is skilled offensive forwards. One reason why they have been so amazing this season despite injuries to their defense is they roll three very solid lines that play at both ends of the ice. Ondrej Palat a former seventh round pick (4th last picked in the draft) is proving he deserved to be a first round pick. Palat was a runner up for the Calder last season and this season is on pace for career high in assists and points. Another fun card from the Select set and one I was very happy to add to the collection!

2 comments:

  1. Nice card! What do you think about Connolly to the B's? I was psyched until I heard he broke a finger in practice and is out 6 weeks before he even made his first start, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was very excited and thought of you right away after having sent me some Connollys. I was disappointed it didn't work as well as I hoped in Tampa but I was excited that maybe he would see some second line action maybe or PP time. That injury seriously sucks and I was pretty deflated to hear it. He's an RFA at the end of the season so Boston will have to decide how badly/much they want to keep him. While I hope the Devils offer-sheet him, I know it isn't our style so I do hope Boston hangs on to him and he does well.

      Delete