Wednesday, April 16, 2014

11-12 The Cup Brett Connolly Artist Proof 1/1?

As I continue to prove I am the super-collector of all things Brett Connolly, I added an interesting card a little while ago. This one was an "artist proof" from 11-12 The Cup. This was originally part of an uncut sheet and the person who won it, had it cut and sold off the individual cards from the sheet. The seller had three different looking dual shield Connollys and I don't think DAS-CC was ever actually created.

11-12 The Cup Brett Connolly Artist Proof 1/1?
Now this card isn't number and was never released, so is it a 1/1? Does it have any value? I was able to buy it for three bucks and it has value to me but do you other collectors chase any of these down? Let me know your thoughts on artist proofs.

Just for fun I watched an auction on a redemption sheet and the winner nabbed it for about 45 bucks so clearly on the sheet level they aren't too desirable.

2 comments:

  1. I've run across these a few times during my eBay searching, but I've always wondered if they were legit and been scared off by authenticity concerns. For $3 though, nothing to worry about either way, and I'm sure it's legit regardless, just my OCD cardboard paranoia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was the same way too. If I hadn't seen actual redemptions for the product I wouldn't have ever bought it. All the same, it appears very legit in person.

    ReplyDelete